Saturday, August 13, 2011

whistle while you work...

Hey everyone... wow! i have been a super busy bee!!!
ok, for starters...

1) those who are wondering what ever happened to the dress i started: i hit a bump in the road with the fit and will finish when i get my dress form. this brings me into both #2 and 3:

2) i got enough birthday money to get a dress form! yay!!!!!! i should have it in 2 weeks or so and then i can continue my wardrobe and playing with all those awsome patterns ive purchased

3) i have decided to start using more jersey knit until i figure out sizing better... knits are much more forgiving that weaves with their stretchy powers hahah

4) my baby penelope is now 4 months old, has 4 big dog teeth, and weighs over 30 pounds already! holy cow right?!?! her and theadora are going to take the same dose medicine... at least until penny outgrows the dose =P she had her wellness exam today and will be getting fixed in a few weeks =)

5) me and my friend are working on opening an online store for my items (you can fnd it on facebook: Lily Bean Boutique, but please remember it is definitely a work in progress and still under construction). i hope to kick that off in 3 weeks or so

and last but not least... the most exciting news!!!
6) i have a booth for "art in the park". i have exactly 6 weeks from today to make all my crafts. it is hard to create with my full time job and my mini ark of animals (if you didn't know, i have 4 rabbits, a hedgehog, a hamster, and 2 dogs). to top it off i start school a week from monday. =/
so here are my plans if all goes as i hope:
i want to make my small/medium size totes and matching cosmetic pouches, snack bags, wallets, and aprons. i will also make some hair flair and maybe just a few of my large totes.
i have enough fabric that i only needed to buy velcro and zippers (yay for hoarding)

these next few weeks will be interesting, who needs sleep anyway? wish me luck. if all goes well at the craft fair i will grow more confidence in an online store and may actually get a business license and make this a permanent idea.

what have you been up to? anyone else scrambling with days left until school?

all my love.
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment