Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sandwich Sized Reusable Snack Bag

I made a reusable snack bag using 2 fabric scraps and iron on vinyl.


Cut the vinyl whichever size you want your bag. I traced a ziploc sandwich size bag and added 1/4" seam allowance. Then iron the vinly onto your lining fabric following the instructions on the vinyl package.
*Do not use steam... Keep your iron dry*


I also ironed the other side of the lining fabric to ensure vinly was fused completely.
This is how your lining will look when you are done.


Next, pin your lining and your exterior fabric right sides together and sew leaving a 3" opening to turn your bag later.


Next, flip your bag right sides out. I recommend heating the vinly first because it will move much easier when heated.
Fold you snack bag in half and iron to set the vinly in shape.



Cut both sides of your velcro and pin in place. I pinned 1" from the top. Sew around the egdes to secure your vinyl.


Close your bag and then sew up both sides.


View of the inside
I use mine for cookies and such. I would put veggies, cookies, crackers, and things of that type. I personally would not put a mustardy bologna or PBJ sandwich.
You can wipe clean but do not wash in your machine or submerge in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment