Friday, December 27, 2013

Pot Roast and My First Cheesecake

Hello there. As promised, I have a few recipes to share.
Tis the season to be a hungry-hungry hippo after all hahaha

Both of the following recipes come straight from the book I told you about in this post.

I want to start with the cheesecake... who doesn't love dessert first?

 photo IMG_0134_zps96a16a42.jpg

(1001 SHORT, EASY, INEXPENSIVE RECIPES - page 320)
Easy Cheesecake
2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 9in ready graham cracker piecrust
1 can pie filling of your choice (optional)

Preheat oven to 350degrees

Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl. Pour into piecrust. Bake for 40 mins. Cool and serve with any pie filling.

What I changed: Nothing. Just be sure you beat the ingredients well and until smooth and fluffy.

Next time: I want to eat more haha

Did I like it: I seriously loved it!!


 photo IMG_0126_zpsab2e37f3.jpg

 photo IMG_0132_zps07511b98.jpg

 photo IMG_0129_zps5e8c7f7b.jpg

(1001 SHORT, EASY, INEXPENSIVE RECIPES - page 259)
Slow Cooker Roast Beef
4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 onions, sliced
1 (3-4lb) chuck roast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt

Place half of the potatoes and onions in slow cooker. Place roast on top of veggies and add remaining potatoes and onions on top.

Pour 1/2 cup water over meat and veggies and cover. Cook on low for 10-12 hrs or on high for 5-6 hrs.

What I changed: I added and extra potato for a total of 5. I also used more that just 1/2 tsp garlic powder and seasoned salt. I rubbed the seasonings in to each side of the roast before placing in the slow cooker. I also had to add 2 extra coffee mugs full of water because 1/2 a cup wasn't nearly enough (possibly because I have a large oval slow cooker??)

Next time: I want to add carrots and maybe even celery

Did I like it: I sure did! I loooooove pot roast!


 photo IMG_0127_zpse13b709a.jpg

XOXOX!
Lily Bean
Hungry-hungry hippo

 photo IMG_0167_zpsb9d050b6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment