Saturday, July 2, 2011

it has been a looooooong month, but i am back =D

well it has been way too long since i have had a chance to craft! i swear i was going through massive withdrawals! but the last month of my life has been more than overwhelming

good thing is i aced my summer biology course (yay)

so i am trying to get back to a normal crafting schedule. yesterday i washed a load of new fabric and i cant wait to put it all to use.

i have finally set aside my terrible fear of commercial patterns!
i used simplicity 2494 to make my tia a hat since she is losing her hair to chemo



she loved it! i used old fabric for my first try because i had no faith in myself. but it came out great! all that i need to do it felt a flower for the embellishment but my tia wanted to start wearing it already so that can wait



so now i have gained some confidence in commercial patterns and can start advancing to more difficult things. this open up so much for me!

and lastly on a side note, here is some pics of the purse that i made for my friend 2 months ago (i never did get to post the pics until now, i apologize)




anyhow, it feels good to be back! thanks for sticking with me through the slow times
<3 Lily Bean
p.s. for those of you who have blogs i follow: i have had trouble posting comments for weeks and have no idea what to do about it. but i promise i have been checking out your posts =D

No comments:

Post a Comment