Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflecting on 2011... Welcoming 2012

Wow! another year has come and gone and here i sit with only hours before 2012 arrives...
i have gone through so much change, good and bad, this past year. I have also learned so much about myself, my life direction, and my crafting.

So, I wanted to begin this post with reflecting on the past 12 months... I have gained and lost, lived and learned..

I started my blog at the beginning of last year as a place to showcase my progress in sewing. I have gained so much knowledge and confidence through the support of my family, friends, and blog followers. i have learned that its okay to try and fail as long as you learn what to do different when you try again. i had many sales to people i know, and my first public sale at art in the park. there is no feeling like seeing someone so happy to go home with something you made! this blog has since expanded into a showcase for style, knitting, and also life.
as you all know i got a new puppy to add to my family: my black lab penny who is a huge part of my heart! with that i learned that not all pups have the same personality, not all are as easy to train, but they are just a loveable. she has given me quite a ride since coming home, but i wouldn't change it for the world. getting thea to accept penny in her territoy was a bit of trouble at first but now they are inseparable!

here is baby penny, about the size of thea's head on her first day at her new home.

and here is mischief and trouble, just a few weeks ago. penny is now thea's size and at night i have to feel their fur to know who jumped in my bed.



i lost the mommy of my life, my tia after a short and hard-faught battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma
its is still hard to believe that she is sick, let alone that she is gone. but i am so greatful for all the love, knowledge, and memories she gave to me!
here we are, wrapping gifts together just last Christmas
life will never be the same without her, but i am so lucky to have had her while i did. she never had a little girl so i was quite spoiled. she taught me how to crochet, knit, embroider, and some mending skills. but most importantly she taght me how to laugh, live and love. she made me a better, stronger woman than i could ever imagine becoming. i made her proud, and will continue to hold her honor high as i continue to grow into my own.

I continue to hold my 4.0 in school and start up again in 2 weeks. I will be taking Anatomy/Physiology2 this semester. My first time ever with afternoon classes. Since I started working from home in November I can now go to school any time of day. Hooray for no night school this semester!

my wardrobe now consists mainly of my own creations. creations with i chronicled here. i had fails and struggles but in the end i am so happy with everything i wear that is my own. it is a whole new sense of pride in one's self! and now i am really trying to practice and perfect knitting and crochet.

i have overcome many fears and gained new confidence in my skills. i am ready to go into this new year placing more fears aside and gaining new skills and confidence.
i am prepared for new challenges as i make my way into the world of commercial patterns. you will see new things here as the blog gets expanded to so many aspects of my life.
thanks for sticking with me through the last year!
here's to life!
here's to happiness!
here's to good times!
here's to love!
here's to 2012!
xoxox
Lily Bean

i will be more vintage-house-dress, less jeans-and-t-shirt. i will brush and style my hair instead of a messy ponytail everyday. i will put more care into my appearance even when i have no where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment