Friday, December 28, 2012

Egg Nog Cookies, Where Have These Been All My Life?!?

Hi everyone!
Boy oh by did I get in the baking mood this Christmas!
With all the Christmas movies playing and Christmas songs on my Pandora I couldn't help but let the spirit of Christmas over come me.
I found this wonderful recipe for Egg Nog Cookies and was happy to find that I had everything I needed to make them.
 
Photobucket
 
Here is what you need:
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 tsp nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
 
Photobucket
 
Whisk together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar together. Then add egg nog, vanilla extract, and egg yolks and mix until smooth
Add in the flour mix and mix at a low speed until well combined, but do not over mix.
Make teaspoon size balls of dough and place them about 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
I found they came out better when i smashed each dough ball down a bit with the palm of my hand.
Sprinkle them with nutmeg and then bake at 300 for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. 
 
Photobucket
 
 These cookies are amazing for anyone who enjoys egg nog. They complimented my morning coffee quite well!
 
Photobucket

I was sure to share some with my dear friend and neighbor on Christmas day <3 
 
Photobucket
 
I hope you enjoy these while egg nog is still being stocked in markets. I know I will be buying plenty more egg nog!
 
XOXOX
Lily Bean
 
p.s. Here's the last Christmas outfit I photographed
My shirt says "JUST HOW GOOD DO I HAVE TO BE?"
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment